Sunday, May 18, 2008

Well that was... anticlimactic

I'm going to spare the gory details of Banishment. The friends and family who begged me not to - I love you guys but seriously, I have thought this over very thoroughly and Devil's Advocated every detail. I know I project the image of a happy go lucky girl who does everything on whim and bounces effortlessly from interest to interest, but I am very capable of taking things seriously and applying discipline toward them. If I couldn't talk me out of it, you're not going to have much luck either.

This blog is going to be an emergency release valve. To make the experience as realistic as possible for me, I am going to try to avoid blogging my everyday experiences as a Bane. Banes are supposed to be noncommunicative, to be outcast, to be ignored; with due respect to my beloved friends, to blog my banishment experience would be a backdoor around that isolative element - the very element I am after in my banishment.

This is not a personal blog. I will not be blogging about my experiences in real life. This has a very specific purpose: To keep me sane through what I have heard is the most difficult experience in all of Second Life.

This sentence started at 24 hours but if it becomes extended beyond that I will accept it. I want to push the limits of Banishment - to find out just what is and is not possible for a Bane to do - and to that end I am willing to accept additional time. I love you all. See you soon.

1 comment:

jojotenjin said...

All i have to say is. Blog more :P